Sunday, April 25, 2010

Special award!


It has been a very long but very rewording weekend an the land of competion!! I am totaly sleep deprived and my energy level has finaly droped to ZERO! so please forgive me if the spelling and gramar are worst than ever, i should be in bed but wanted to share some Great news!!!
The competion started friday afternoon and took place 30 min away, so G and I went to watch the SR solos, they all did GREAT> Saturday morning after an EARLY morning stop at Starbucks I got to comp and Brandon and g stoped by latter to watch some dances, hall props and tail gate in the prop van "big Bessy" then I was baby free the rest of the day (note : this is only about 1130am) and G and B had a nice day together. Nia_ home at 11pm

Today: My almost as early trip to the Starbucks (thank you Lord for coffee) the dancers where off to a great day. then About230 for I went home (yes, i ALMOST stoped at Starbucks again, oped for DQ's buy one get one for 25 cent deal to my husband's delight!!) B off to work--G and I headed back to Comp. So here is where the story gets good. (sorry for the rambling...hay it's me!) This was a nice small comp only 9 other studios from the area entered. Well... one studio brought 250 routines!! (to give you an idea how completely and utterly ridicules this behavior is, our studio brought 13 numbers! and i would be safe to say that there was NO more than 350 entries total!!)

So with out going on an trite... this studio had some serious costume changes issues (lets say in a 9-10 year old jazz category for example- there was 6 dances competing, 5 of them where from this studio that shall remain nameless!!) oh and the kicker, of those 5 dances almost every girl was in all 5 dances!) rude! this over zealous studio owner was "stuffing the ballot box" so to speak.

So there was long and HUGE gaps of time where NO ONE was on stage competing. After our last group of girls(and guy) dance (an amazing dance I might add that got High gold and 7ht over all!!!!) We where a little stir crazy waiting for awards, when Johnny (JJ) had this funny of idea of having Gracen run across the stage by herself and Mimi (miss Jenelle) would be on the other side. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea, i didn't want our studio to get in trouble (she had our studio name on her shirt, and pants!! a big NO NO on the stage) but I'm the newbie teacher.... so off G went on to the big stage and from the wings All i could hear was the audience gasp of silence and then all together now "AWE!" The music was changed by the very quick thinkin sound tech to beauty and the beast "be out guest" of courses G is dancing and jumping and spinning I am crying because myself, the teachers and our students and the audience can not stop laughing. Yeah my battery was dead, this is all I got, i stink i know!




Most competitions give special awards to a select few dances/dancers that spark the judges Attn (heart). Earlier this weekend one of my soloist got "best battement: ( Grand battement: large beating... a big kick, non dancers) and of course shy 8 year old Jess when she received this award, when asked to show a battement froze and didn't know what one was....) ballet teacher nia was a sad duck!)


So as Gracen is dancing around on stage for a good 3 min (hay alot of time to kill when the only people that are still dancing are all in the sames dances) one of the judges walks up on stage and hands g a special judges award!!!! (sniffle... her 2nd award for dance, first at a competition the other one was that halloween party)

as the song ended and I went out to get her the sound tech said "lets have a round of applause for Gracen!! (they apparently asked Jannelle on her side of the stage for her name!
I had mascara running down my face (no, none of the teenagers told me...thanks guys!)
Long expiation ...but I am so proud!! so proud that I am going to bed and not spell checking this....



Showing off the new award!



Her big moment on the big stage!!!!




OUR LITTLE DANCIN' STAR!!


Chillin' backstage ..ie total boredom which caused JJ and Mimi to cook up this impromptu entry into the competition


Hammin' it up with Kal and Julie showing off the medeal!


On the big stage (again) for award time with the big girls!!


WOW it's now 1156pm...good night...........

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Congratulations to all. I know whereby the new little star got her spirit, charm, talent, and beauty!

Melissa Berberena said...

Ohhhhhh...so cute! She was born for the stage!

I know how you feel, I had a 18hr. competition day yesterday! It is a ton of work but it so worth it to see your dancers shine on stage!