Monday, August 2, 2010

Trip to Grand Rapids!!!!

After First moving to MI(over a year ago now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I found out that our Church had a dance worship team...I was very eager to get involved. the head of this program was Hannah. I told her yesterday that "all I wanted back thenwas to be involved in dance and my whole family has found kindred spirits!! Then Hannah's husband, Dave gets huge promotion at work and they moved to Grand Rapids. About 2 and half hours away. right on lake Mich! We miss seeing them all the time. but this week end we drove over there for a great little weekend trip!!! Poor Dave is so busy at work, that we only saw him in the evenings. the grown ups got to go out on a date (while the girls had the neighbor girl stay with them!)

What a fun time... and relaxing!!



So day ONE: we got there about 1030am and we jump right back in the car to head off to the beach!!



































DAY TWO!!

a little cloudy, so we played at home for a while, then headed of the the Grand rapids public museum in the morning!! afternoon was sunny-er so we headed to a inland beach with a splash park after much neaded naps!! (for all!)





















Mom: look your lamp is in a museum!!!



Shout out for Alyson GR is the home of Amway... plus a quilt!!















Hummus is a messy beach treat!!!


















Nasty bird who was stealing our chips!!






















































DAY THREE:

Yesterday morning we went to the zoo!!! the girls had so much fun!!! What a great weekend!!!






















Brave girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




















"oh, that's a big bear!! you'r a big bear!!"

2 comments:

Alyson said...

Great photos!!!! Looks like a great place to spend the weekend!

Vicky said...

You are seeing nicer places in my native land than I ever did!