Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

"Dancing in the Minefields"                                                             
               by Andrew Peterson                                                                


Well I was 19,                                                    


you were  21                                                   

The year we got engaged

Everyone said we were much too young

But we did it anyway


We got the rings for 40 each from a pawnshop down the road


We said our vows and took the leap now 15 years ago


We went dancing in the minefields


We went sailing in the storms


And it was harder than we dreamed


But I believe that's what the promise is for


Well "I do" are the two most famous last words


The beginning of the end


But to lose your life for another I've heard is a good place to begin


'Cause the only way to find your life is to lay your own life down


And I believe it's an easy price for the life that we have found


And we're dancing in the minefields


We're sailing in the storms


And it was harder than we dreamed


But I believe that's what the promise is for

That's what the promise is for                                                         


So when I lose my way, find me


When I lose loves chains, bind me


At the end of all my faith to the end of all my days


when I forget my name, remind me


'Cause we bear the light of the Son of man


So there's nothing left to fear


So I'll walk with you in the shadow lands


Till the shadows disappear


'Cause He promised not to leave us


And his promises are true


So in the face of this chaos baby,


I can dance with you


So lets go dancing in the minefields


Lets go sailing in the storms


Oh, lets go dancing in the minefields


And kicking down the doors

Oh, lets go dancing in the minefields                                            

And sailing in the storms                                                                     


Oh, this is harder than we dreamed                           


But I believe that's what the promise is for                               


That's what the promise is for.

No comments: