Since he has the day off of work today both daddy and I (Tegan too) dropped G off at preschool. We even got to go inside her class room for a few minuets as it was her day for show and tell. We sat in on group time and she showed the class her item she brought to school, Grr. shocker. :)
Daddy and Tegs and I ran over to Target. When we where done, we still had time before we needed to pick Gracen up, so I told B I would treat him to a trip to Starbucks in honor of Veterans day. When the baresta handed me Brandon's tea, I handed it to him and said "happy Veterans day!" the baresta looked at me, and said "I have never heard any one say that to anyone before!" Dumbfounded and at a loss for words (shocker, I know) I said the first thing that came to may mind, "well, I am very proud of my Veteran" which is true. But it made me think if this woman (who i would guess has lived though many wars) has never heard a solider been thanked for his/her service on the day reserved for them, there has got to be vets that have never been thanked!
Most vets get embarrassed when people make a big fuss over their part in protecting our freedom, but as humble as they are, I know that bening appreciated is a proud experience.
So as corny and cliche as it sounds, On this veterans day (or any old day) take time to be thankful for our men and woman in arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment