Saturday, July 24, 2010

CCC Varitey show!!!!



Our church here really has become our second home (with our second family!) Especially this week!!! For over a month my Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays have been spent at church for long hours at a time learning 5 dances to be part of the annual variety show! This years theme was "roll out the red carpet!" it was set up Oscar style award show. With singers and dancers. different categories. Best love song, oldies but goodies, best song to dance to, and spiritual inspired. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of had work ( lots of sweat) besides two days of 6 hour rehearsals (yikes) I volunteered at vacation bible school this week too. I did the vbs skits three times this week. I will forever be known has "dragon lady!" one of my skit charters!!
All said and done I have been at church 9 times...in 6 days!!!


Roll out the red carpet, they did! here is G walking the red carpet into the show! they even had "paparazzi" taking photos and asking audience members as they walked in and asking questions like "who are you wearing" or "how do you feel about the nod?" "congrats on beating out Tom Cruise for the new movie" I only heard about this, but B was selling tickets and got "front row" seats to the silliness!!! We had over 750 audience members! including the major of our fair city!!
performers children gathered around the DVD play pre show


Not only did the performers perform, we also did hair (and make up in my case. ) So we have some lovely 60's singing girls styling a 70's dancers hair
team work!!
a glimpse at the (dark) backstage. all watching the little TV to see what's gong on on the stage!
A self of my totally narly 8o's hair and make up!!
Some of my fellow "foot lose" friends
After the show, G and her sitter/ dancer kelly... trying on some dance shoes


poor Brandon! left holding all my stuff...again!!
G, never turning down a chance to dance on a big stage!!!!

Happy family after the show!!
With a total of 7hrs of sleep under my belt for the last TWO nights combined....I'm happy, sore and ready for a nap!!! When we get the DVD of the show I'll try to post them!!!


No comments: