Let me ramble a little and go into detail. So as i said back in October I was doing my study question for my Bible study and one of the questions was "are you sitting on something God wants you to do?" YES (aren't we all?!?) For a while know I have wanted to go back to school and become a therapist and help military families. I talked about it but Brandon and I put it in the "do latter when we have lots of money and nothing but time on my hands pile" apparently middle of October in my rental kitchen while my child was napping was when God thought it was best.
The next question was "what are you doing about it?" Crap. So I went over to the computer and typed in "accredit Christian master programs in Marriage and family therapy" I knew that doing a course on line was going to be best for me (since who knows how long we'll be in Mich, and I don't want to have to deal with losing credits when switching schools) and that it would be perfect with a small child: flexible.
Long story a little shorter, I found a program, applied, got excepted all within a fortnight!! My head was spinning!! Liberty University even offers a discount to (former) military wives. so that helps a TON! and all said and done when I finish my program G will be in school (at least Kindergarten) and down the road having 2 incomes will be helpful when paying for Gracens school.
Am I nervous? you bet! Do I know this is the best decision for me and my family? without a doubt!!! I am starting out part time, since I graduated collage TEN years ago! Pray for me....I have to take stats!!!!
4 comments:
Congrats and best of luck! I'm sure you'll be great!
So proud of you! Go get'em champ!!
Nia, you will do so well. Congratulations on your decision to reply to the question when asked and then acting on it. M & S
Way to go Nia! Both proud & happy for you! Hope its going very well! Like the pics of your desk & Gracen's too! Fun to include her too. Good luck!!
Post a Comment