Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pentagon Memorial

Today (Tuesday)Gracen Rae and I went to have lunch with daddy

On the way we stoped by the Pentagon to see the memorial there. It has only been finished since September 11 of '08, I didn't even know it was there, thankfully I read about it in the "where Washington guide" that i found in the lobby.

The September 11 memorial is beautiful. it's on the western side of the pentagon and the 184 steel arch benches (one for every life lost there that day) in rows follow the path of flight 77 towards the building where it crashed.

It is a very moving work of art.


Amen. Each bench has a name of a victim on it, and a light under the bench, now I want to go back at night to see it!

A view of the benches heading the way of the ill fated air plane



An arty photo, it made me think of my dear Stephie!!




Gracen (sitting not so lady like) paying her respects


God bless America!





No comments: