So ever since Emily knew that we were coming back to DC, she was so jealous! (mostly cause of all the yummy places to eat!!) So we finally went to Em's Favorite- Founding Farmers- it's an all organic, family farmer, all fresh restaurant right near our "DC house" on Emily's recommendation I had the Lobster Mac and cheese, yes it was AMAZING!!
Gracen found this SUPER cool!.... hehe!
We headed out early to hang out with Annie! Annie and I worked together at Bloomingdale's back at the MOA. She works for MN Governor and just moved out here two weeks ago! It was so fun to see her! we went to Eastern marked (which George at the front desk RAVED about) and to our disappointment, none of the craft people and vendors where there today.... Annie did get some fresh peaches! (we're not mad at ya George!!)

Annie, Gracen and Ike or as Annie calls him "sweet Ike"

So after a coffee and getting over our sadness of the Eastern market (we'll have to go this weekend when all the craziness happens) we walked to the capital and checked out the botanical gardens.
Annie, Gracen and Ike or as Annie calls him "sweet Ike"
So after a coffee and getting over our sadness of the Eastern market (we'll have to go this weekend when all the craziness happens) we walked to the capital and checked out the botanical gardens.
3 comments:
Nia ~ great pictures! Looks like you all are having a great time
again in DC!! You do such a nice job on Gracen's Blog!!
Which Founding Farmers did you go to? Drew and I were just at one the last time I visited him in DC (late May I think -- right after Brandon left DC). Soooooo good! And a really important mission to carry out too. Fun to eat there and support it.
Did you go back to Eastern Market today (Sat)? Drew is often there on Sat mornings at one of the coffee shops after he works out at the local pool. Eastern Market is not far from Drew's place at all. Give him a call! He's preaching at a Lutheran church somewhere tomorrow morning but should be home by noon or so. ;)
P.S. Cute yorkie!
How long are you in DC for? I'm flying out there this coming Thursday (the 23rd).
Post a Comment